Thursday, October 7, 2010

10 lbs-Weight Loss is Easier Now with Milk Thistle Supplement


I bought one bottle of Milk Thistle September 11, 2010, almost 4 weeks ago. I had been wanting to try this supplement to see if it would help with my weight loss, I was at a stall and I needed to find out if my liver was sluggish because of the pain meds with acetaminophen I was taking on top of my blood pressure medication. I have been back on track eating low carb, but there have been a few times, I did go over my carbs, mainly with a bagal or even some chips, but I knew I needed to try to see if taking Milk Thistle Supplements would help with getting the scale go down, since I was at the same weight for 5 weeks.
9/11/10 I began taking (1) 175mg capsule with each meal(3 times a day)21st Century Standardized Herbal Extract Capsules, Milk Thistle Extract, Maximum Strength, 200-Count Bottles (Pack of 2) I had my coconut oil in the morning, and I tried my best to keep my carbs between 15-35 net carbs a day. Today 10/07/2010, I am 10 pounds lighter, I did not change much to my low carb lifestyle except added this supplement to my daily routine. I also did NOT exercise regularly like I had wanted, for some reason, I stopped with my daily 2 mile walk, and now I have to get back to that daily routine. I exercise, because I enjoy the mental part of it, I do walk alot of stairs, but I really am ready now to go back to walking daily and keeping my liver healthy, because, not only medications are harsh on the liver, but all toxins in foods, air, and water..I am so happy to keep learning about my body, and I am taking control and will not ever give in to being obese and unhealthy.
I only have 3 pills left,

  It's payday tomorrow and I will for sure buy another supply on Milk Thistle to add to my daily rountine.
.
"Milk Thistle also an anti-inflammatory, and is useful in the treatment of acne and other inflammatory responses, and also for inflammations in the gall bladder, kidney and bladder. There are few serious side effects, although, as milk thistle rids the body of toxins, these toxins can cause problems such as diarrhea, headaches and abdominal pain. Keep in mind that you are releasing poisons from the liver into your system so that they can be expelled by the usual means, and they will put up a fight along the way. However, the milk thistle will usually win in the end."...now I know what I went through the first few days after taking the milk thistle...the bathroom problems showed I was releasing poisons from my body! wow..so true, 10 pounds of poison gunk!

Here is some info on the important functions of the liver:

One of your liver's most important functions, though - and the one most crucial to your weight loss - is chemically breaking down everything that enters your body, from the healthiest bite of organic food to the poisonous pesticides that linger on your salad; from the purest filtered water to a glass of wine or a cup of coffee; from your daily vitamin and mineral supplements to your doctor-prescribed blood-pressure medication.
Fortunately, the liver, in its infinite wisdom, produces bile, a crucial substance for detoxifying our bodies. Bile lubricates our intestines and works with fiber to prevent constipation. Bile is also where the liver dumps all the drugs, heavy metals, xenoestrogens, excess sex hormones from the Pill and hormone replacement therapy, medications, pesticides, industrial chemicals, and other toxins, so they can eventually be eliminated from the body.
One of bile's other main duties is to help our bodies break down the fats we need and to assimilate fat-soluble vitamins. Without bile, we couldn't convert beta-carotene into vitamin A, nor could we use calcium. But when our bile becomes overly congested with the toxins it's trying to filter out, it simply can't function properly. It becomes thick, viscous and highly inefficient in breaking down fats. The result: You are more likely to gain weight and to have greater difficulty losing it.
Cleansing the liver helps it produce better, more efficient bile. That helps your body flush toxinsLiver Flush and break down fat more effectively. It also makes more energy-giving nutrients available to your body and reduces strain on your digestive and immune systems. Your elimination improves, and your colon is relieved of unnecessary burdens. The net effect: You look and feel better, and it becomes far easier for you to achieve and maintain your ideal weight. There are plenty of books to read-Liver Flush, Milk Thistle: A Remarkable Flavonoid Antioxidant and Liver Protectant (Woodland Health Ser) to find out more info on Milk Thistle and your Liver function, I know I stumbled across this by researching to find answers why I was at a stall.
My Weight Loss Update

No comments: