Friday, May 24, 2013

1 year Off Norco Pain Pill-How is Life

I could not believe the one year mark is coming up soon. It was last year Memorial Day weekend that I knew I was going to have to go off my pain medication Norco and go through the detox process. This had been one of the most difficult things I had to do so far in my life, because I live with an auto immune inflammatory disease called Psoriatic Arthritis, I live in in chronic joint pain. I had it under control with the pain medication and or with Enbrel injections. March 2012,I had lost my job and my health insurance and no longer could count on going to my doctor for monthly visits to get a refill and have my blood work done. I knew I could not have the prescription called in, and it was time I got off the pain meds, and try to make the best of it. The detox was not physically hard on me, it was the lack of being able to fall asleep naturally that took some time. I soon discovered the supplement-5HTP, and after about 2 weeks of taking this supplement, I was in a good place and I could move forward. Here is a recap video I made about my journey and how learning about myself, my strengths and weakness that made me get through this and live life the best I can. I still will be going to my doctor, but not as often. I am still unemployed, and I need to keep my mind mentally well and think positive about living in this economy and searching for my next job,not just to give up..its been a tough year in 2012...but it is 2013 and moving forward, positive thoughts,keeping my mind open and proud of my accomplishments in life..it's a life journey to a better health..and gosh, did I get an education in survival when under stress, physical pain and trying to remain mentally stable when things just seem to keep happening..I am in control, it's just a learning experience to add to my collection to make me who I am today!

 1 Year off Norco Pain Pills- My Story

No comments: