Monday, March 19, 2012

Carb Monster-The Science of Low Carb

I find a lot of videos and research material that make me even more motivated that I am controlling my own insulin and keeping it normal, the health benefits I have been having by choosing to eat a lower carbohydrate diet and exercise, I can continue losing weight, lower my blood pressure, avoid having high cholesterol, and not becoming diabetic. My Controlling the Carb Monster is more than losing weight..its about staying healthy and being able to stay active even tho I do have an inflammatory auto immune disease, I have been in remission and now can enjoy my foods, have the energy I need to take that 2 mile daily walk, and keep track of the foods I eat, and eating clean, whole food, off the process foods which my blood sugar has been normal and my blood pressure is looking good!


LOW CARB-Dietary Ketosis NOT Ketoacidosis


After a flare up with my psoriatic arthritis and 5 weeks of Enbrel treatment,weight gain was once again happening to me, BUT!! Now,I am finally able to experience new and exciting ways to jump start my fat loss, I will have another video soon explaining more about my new ways to enhance my low carb life style, and why practicing intermittent Low Carb fasting, Oil Pulling and walking daily seems to have jump started me in the right direction and help keep my arthritis under control.

What are ketones?

Ketones are a normal and efficient source of fuel and energy for the human body. They are produced by the liver from fatty acids, which result from the breakdown of body fat in response to the absence of glucose/sugar. In a ketogenic diet, such as Atkins ... or diets used for treating epilepsy in children, the tiny amounts of glucose required for some select functions can be met by consuming a minimum amount of carbs - or can be manufactured in the liver from PROTEIN. When your body is producing ketones, and using them for fuel, this is called "ketosis".

Read More about dietary ketosis and Low Carb
http://www.lowcarb.ca/tips/tips011.html

* please research and seek the advice from your physician about Ketoacidosis which is a life-threatening condition, my video is about "dietary ketosis" and I am under a doctor's care and have regular blood tests which are all in the normal range.





Please take some time and watch this fantastic videos-Uploaded by eenfeldt

THE SCIENCE OF LOW CARB


Here Eric C. Westman talks about the science and the practicalities of using real low carb food for improving your weight and health.


Low Carb Explained -Burn FAT for FUEL!


Dr Mary Vernon, MD, is one of the world's foremost experts on treating obesity and diabetes with low carbohydrate nutrition. She is a practicing family physician, educates doctors on low carb and is active in and former president of the American Society of Bariatric Physicians (doctors specializing in treating obese patients).

Nobody knows more about the practicalities of low carb than dr. Mary Vernon. Here she explains it for you.

Low Carb Living


What do you need to know to successfully eat low carb for life?

Dr Stephen Phinney, MD, PhD, knows more about this than almost anybody. He has researched adaptation to very low carb diets (and exercise) for a long time. Here he shares this knowledge, as well as insights from traditional cultures who never ever ate a lot of carbs.

Dr Phinney's book "The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living":
http://www.amazon.com/Art-Science-Low-Carbohydrate-Living/dp/0983490708


The Cause of Obesity


Professor Robert H. Lustig, MD, is an expert on obesity and an internet rock star. Just one of his many lectures has over TWO MILLION views on YouTube.

Here professor Lustig describes why we get fat and what to do about it. It's not what most people think.


More for your health:
http://www.DietDoctor.com

No comments: