Thursday, April 19, 2012

Coconut Oil-The Best Fat Burner

As a Low carber,one key to successful steady weight loss is to ensure steady blood sugar so that any extreme ups and downs are avoided and don’t cause you to fall off the wagon and make a beeline for the junk food aisle at the grocery store. I have been doing very well with my low carb shopping, and I have been making sure that I keep a supply of coconut oil for my cooking and for my skin and hair. I keep one jar in the bathroom, and 1 jar in my refrigerator. One of the very best fats to assist in any weight loss goal is coconut oil, a healthy medium chain saturated fatty acid that boosts metabolism and is used by the body for immediate energy but doesn’t end up as stored body fat like longer chain fatty acids sometimes can. Countries that consume high amounts of coconut and coconut oil in their diets such as the Philippines, India, and the Pacific Islands have significantly fewer cases of heart disease and obesity clearly disproving any agenda driven smear campaign against this marvelously healthy oil! I recently discovered that I must avoid Olive Oil now that I am in the fat burning mode to lose the weight.This is surprising to many people as olive oil is typically the first “healthy oil” that they think of due to heavy promotion of this Mediterranean oil by conventional doctors and nutritionists. In fact, a 1994 study published in The Lancet noted that the fatty acid most predominantly found in body fat was monounsaturated fat like that found in high amounts in olive oil! Could this be why those in Mediterranean countries so often gain weight at middle age? Well, I am a middle aged American woman, who started using Olive Oil when I switched over to a low carb lifestyle, but for some reason I wanted to research more about the healthy oils, and read that Olive Oil was not the oil I should be consuming in my diet for fat loss. So I am avoiding the Olive Oil and sticking with Coconut Oil, which for years now I have enjoyed and time after time, it truly does keep my full, feeling energized and staying healthy. I have the inflammatory auto immune disease, but with Oil Pulling, and consuming Coconut Oil and sticking to a Ketogenic diet, which is a low carb diet, but higher in fats, I have noticed steady fat loss.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Speedy Weight Loss Coconut oil naturally solidifies at 76F so it is best to liquify it in hot water before consuming as a weight loss aid. Twenty minutes before mealtime is the best time to take your coconut oil as it will significantly reduce appetite and help you to feel full more quickly and be satisfied with smaller portions. To liquify, mix 1-2 TBL of coconut oil in a mug and add hot water or herbal tea or my favorite-Coffee! Stir to melt and drink. Use the following guidelines to determine how much oil to consume before each meal: Start out slow, usually 1 teaspoon, then 1 tablespoon and see how you feel. I cook with coconut Oil. I eat eggs most every morning, and instead of cooking them in butter, I use coconut oil, which gives the eggs a fantastic mild flavor and fills up your tummy fast. Alternatively, you can simply eat the coconut oil and let it liquify in your mouth for a few seconds before swallowing. What is the Best Coconut Oil to Use for Weight Loss? Be aware that not all coconut oils are created equal! While coconut oil is very resistant to heat damage, solvents are frequently used to extract it, so sourcing high quality oil from a reputable company is of paramount importance to avoid any chemical residues. Using only organic virgin coconut oil therapeutically for your weight loss efforts is a good idea as all the delicate micronutrients in the oil will be preserved and no chemicals will have been used in processing. You can go to your local health food store and choose from many different brands of coconut oil. Please read where the Coconut Oil comes from, and that it is 100% Virgin Un-refined Coconut Oil.

No comments: