OK, so I decided to keep some data about my personal findings about coconut oil and keep this as a journal to document my health. I have listed a variety of Coconut Benefits and I will add to each one if I have any experience from that
After I made the following video, it had only been 4 months since I was taking the coconut oil, now it is almost time to do a 1 year review. By the end of November 2010, I will do a one year review on the coconut oil, and this will be about the time the cold and flu season hits Southern Californiayoutube.com/bonnie90505
Coconut Oil Benefits In Medicine
Traditional medicine among the Asian and Pacific population have used the healing properties of coconut oil extensively and to great effect. Pacific Islanders consider coconut oil to be the cure for all illness.
Scientists have recently discovered the healing properties of coconut oil and how it can be used in modern medicine to treat a variety of conditions. Because it is a natural product it doesn’t contain the man made additives that are often found in similar products.
Here’s are some of the reasons why coconut oil is so highly regarded by me:
I have not had the flu in over 2 years, I did get the regular flu shot in 2008, but in 2009 the Swine Flu shot I did not take.
*Coconut oil is anti-fungal, anti-viral, and anti-bacterial. It kills viruses that have a lipid (fatty) coating, such as herpes, HIV, hepatitis C, the flu, and mononucleosis. Coconut oil isn’t a cure in itself, but it does contain these properties that fight against such ailments.
I have not had a sore throat in a very long time, I still have my tonsils.
I have not had yeast infections since I have been on low carb and taking coconut oil, I usually get a yeast infection if I take certain antibiotics.
*It also kills the bacteria that cause pneumonia, sore throats,dental cavities, urinary tract infections, meningitis, gonorrhea, food poisoning, pneumonia, and many more bacterial infections. It kills the fungus/yeast infections that cause candida, ringworm, athletes foot, thrush, jock itch, diaper rash and more.
I have a lot of energy now, I do not get tired mid day, and I can walk everyday after work for 1 hour, usually 2 miles.
I feel like it does help with weight loss, when I take the oil in the mornings, I feel a warmth, almost like a heat in my stomach, only for a short time, I am not hungry or tired
*Coconut oil is able to boost energy levels and endurance. It is not stored like other fats and actually breaks down much quicker within the liver and used like a carbohydrate. Athletes and bodybuilders use it as a natural supplement in sports drinks. It also increases your metabolism which is great for anyone wanting to lose weight*. In fact there is a whole industry devoted to losing weight through coconut products and recipes.
I use to always have to run to the bathroom, if I got nervous, stressed or even excited, now I have no problems with my bowel habits becoming out of control
* Digestion – Coconut oil helps in improving the digestive system and absorption of fat soluble vitamins, minerals and amino acids thus prevents various stomach and digestion related problems including irritable bowel syndrome. The saturated fats present in coconut oil have anti microbial properties and help in dealing with various bacteria, fungi, parasites, etc., that cause indigestion. Diabetics use it to reduce their symptoms a d the risk of diabetes is reduced with regular use of coconut oil in your cooking.
* Coconut oil contains high levels of anti-oxidants which help to protect the body from free radicals and prevent degenerative diseases and premature aging.
* Coconut oil is actually good for your heart despite the bad press it has received over the years. It contains about 50% lauric acid, which helps to prevent various heart related problems such as high ‘bad’ LDL cholesterol levels and high blood pressure.
Other Coconut Oil Benefits
I have dry scalp from medications I take and also my hair is growing faster than before, it is the longest I have had since I was a teenager
*Hair Care: Coconut oil is one of the best natural nutrition for hair. It promotes healthy hair providing it with a shinny complexion. Regular massage of the head with coconut oil ensures that your scalp is free of dandruff, lice, and lice eggs, even if your scalp is dry.* It acts as an excellent shampoo or conditioner and helps in the re-growth of damaged hair. It also provides the essential proteins required for nourishing damaged hair. It is therefore used as hair care oil and used in manufacturing various conditioners, and dandruff relief creams.
I have not tried this yet, but for sure I will, and let you know
* Stress Relief: Coconut oil is very soothing and hence it helps in removing stress. Applying coconut oil to the head followed with a gentle massage helps in removing mental fatigue.
I slather the oil all over my skin, and I feel refreshed
* Skin Care: Coconut oil is excellent massage oil for the skin as well. It acts as an effective moisturizer on all types of skins including dry skin. The benefit of coconut oil on the skin is comparable to that of mineral oil. But unlike mineral oil, there is no chance of having any adverse side effects on the skin. Coconut oil also helps in treating various skin problems including psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and other skin infections. Therefore coconut oil forms the basic ingredient of various body care products such as soaps, lotions, creams, etc., used for skin care.
* Anti-Itch Cream: Coconut oil is anti-inflammatory, so it’s possible it would bring some relief from bug bites, as it promotes healing.
* Healing Balm: Since it’s anti-inflammatory, coconut oil might be useful as a salve to speed healing of bruises, strains, and sore muscles.
I have to try this, because recently I have been bitten by bugs since the weather is changing and my bites are healing faster than before.
* Mosquito repellent: Coconut oil is used in many mosquito repellents as a natural product, rather than using Deet. Just by eating it or using it as a shampoo or face cream etc., could ward of those pesky bugs!
Because of my auto immune disease, my joints are affected when I get sick, my immune system goes into attacked to fight and gets my healthy joints, as longs as I can stay healthy and not get sick with flu, colds, food poisoning, bug bites, even scratches, the coconut oil protects me.
Coconut oil is truly the healthiest oil you can consume. It is rich in lauric acid, which is known for being antiviral, antibacterial and anti fungal, and contains no trans fat (even olive oil has some trans fat). You can even use it on your skin to help prevent wrinkles.